Israeli cuisine’s popularity is on the rise, from upscale dining experiences to addictive street food. These seven authentic Israeli recipes will have you serving up delicious dishes that taste like they’ve come straight from the land of milk and honey.
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- 1 sliced chili pepper
- ½ onion peeled and diced
- 10 crushed garlic cloves
- 8 sliced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 6 eggs
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the sliced chili pepper and the
onion until fried.
- Add the garlic. After one minute add the tomatoes, salt and sweet paprika. Cook
on medium-low heat until the tomatoes are softened.
- Using a spoon, make a well in the surface of the sauce. Crack an egg into the
well. Repeat for the remaining eggs. Wait about 5-8 minutes, sprinkle with
chopped parsley and serve immediately.